Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Will Smith May Miss the Biggest Party EVER!

Somebody... Anybody...tell me how a city gets a possible Superbowl Party and Mardi Gras, in a three-week span, AND I CANT GO!? How? This is so ridiculous. But on another level, I have a genuine concern for New Orleans if they win the Superbowl. I can see it now.

Feb. 7- Saints win Superbowl
Feb. 8-16- Party, Party Party, everybody gets wasted along with a Fat Tuesday
Feb. 17- New Orleans doesn't appear on Google Maps, Google Earth, Yahoo Maps or on Mapquest and the Corps of Engineers identifies the City as missing.

I have sources that live in the NO that tell me that Miami may be a place to be for the Superbowl, but New Orleans is THE PLACE TO BE from Jan 30 on. The city may just "Who Dat" itself right off the map. We almost lost that great city once, and now, a larger more dangerous threat has re-surfaced! New Orleans is about to lose its collective mind! I would be there! I promise! But this damn foot/calf/leg has me incarcerated, probably for my own good. I will pray for its inhabitants instead!I could always settle for Miami, just sayin!




On a more serious note, I hope for the best for New Orleans. That City deserves to have its spirits uplifted after the devastation of Katrina. I saw people shed tears of joy after watching the NFC Championship Game, and I truly understood why. The City itself hasn't quite recovered from the events of a few years ago. There is still a lot of emotional and financial healing that needs to occur, but the Saints have done alot to aid in both aspects. I really wanted to see Brett in the Superbowl, but I guess this is better for the the greater good. I am sure the entire country (minus Indiana) will be behind our Creole cousins from the South. I have officially joined WHO DAT NATION! They even got the PRESIDENT on their side!



By the way, the foot is fine, I have to keep it elevated for 50 out 60 minutes every hour, which sucks, but it could be worse! I am still not taking pain meds (so STUPID!). I have worked out twice doing crunches, modified push-ups, and shoulder press. I am trying to eat FAR less than usual, because I have no ability to do cardio, although, there is a hand bike at the gym I cant wait to try when I can move a little. Sympathy calls/emails are coming in at a high rate ( I appreciate them all) and I have more work to do on my couch than when I am able to go to client sites (go figure). All in all, its not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment