If a guy on crutches falls, and no one is around to hear, does he make a sound when he hits the ground? I dont know, but that $h!% hurt!
On another note! Obviously being on the couch affords me some increased opportunity to watch things I wouldn't normally watch. I figured out this week that there is no reason to watch Keeping Up with The Kardashians EVER AGAIN! I am not sure why the show is so popular, but it is... I digress! However, some good television was President Obama's speech last night. Overall, I really liked the speech. He seemed extremely assertive. Quick Synopsis:The most interesting things from last night IMO were his attacks on the Supreme Ct for repealing ceilings on corporate campaign spending and him reminding me that he has never served in the military. I don't think he has passed or proposed one piece of military related legislation that I have completely agreed with. NOT ONE! As a Commander, I think I have some room to comment here. Gitmo, the 1.4% pay increase in 2011 (lowest annual increase since '73 The increase was 3.4% in 2010), Repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell (believe me, I am very open minded, and I understand the complexity of this issue, but repealing that ban without the necessary military culture change will do more damage than good. Coupled with the fact that we are at war, the timing is odd. I JUST DON'T KNOW), his exit strategy for Iraq, and his "minimal" increase in Afghanistan. I disagree in one way or another with them ALL!
I do however agree with him scolding the Supreme Court. I understand its a political taboo, and asking congress "to correct their mistake" is strong, but Campaign Finance Reform is necessary, and this takes reform WAY back.
On to the foot. I have my Post-Op check-up on Monday. I will finally get to see the scar! I will also get my boot. That is literally the first step toward walking again. This splint is starting to itch, and I REALLY want to shower!!!!
On another note, Chicago Bears Center Olin Kreutz is having achilles surgery. He states that he will be rehabbing for 4-6 months. I want to compare my recovery to his! He will have everyday support and a medical staff at his disposal. I have Dr. Tioco and a Physical Therapists. Lets see who is recovered faster. In the mean time, maybe I can get him to watch my blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment