Its definitely a sight to see for sure. First off, lets talk about prep. You never realize that your gear is all over the place until you have to track equipment down in three separate levels of the house. It took some three hours to accumulate, wash and pack all necessary items for this weekend, even with the help of wifey. It was crazy, and I knew my weekend was off to one hell of a start. Wifey left at about 7, so I was stuck, and had to the carry the equipment to the car, by myself! I literally carried a 60lb ruck on my back to the car, hopping on one leg the whole way (Yes I weighed the bag, and my crutches were dangerous to use in the snow!)
Then there is the car ride. Again, I am driving left footed, and will test your car's frame if you get too close. Anyway, if you think about the body position of someone who is driving left footed, in order to get the left foot near the pedal, the driver must cross his/legs and slightly turn the body. This is NOT a comfortable position. I had never realized it before because I hadn't made a long drive yet, but this body position is the WORST! There was some other craziness that occurred that night that requires its own damn blog entry, just know, I arrived at the hotel at 3am and I didn't sleep much after that either.
BA morning number 1. Rise and shine, I go to shower. I realize, "I don't have a handicap room. How the F am I supposed to get in that damn tub to shower?" My solution... "Well I am on Army time, lets try a combat roll into the tub!" What ensued was an outrageous barrel roll over the tub wall that you could possibly imagine. I have been researching funny rolling videos on Youtube to give you all an idea of this madness. I havent found one yet that does my roll justice! So, after my shower experience, I pack that ruck up on my back and head to the car. Get to car to realize, I left my car keys in the room. Expletives flew, luckily, I am pretty fast on crutches so no problem. I went back and retrieved the aforementioned keys. I get to Atterbury and greet the troops. Approximately 100 troops were on ground and about 46 of them are friends with me on Facebook, so they are aware of the injury. The other 54 asked 1 million questions... IT WAS CRAZY. This prompted me to make a PA Announcement about the injury, about this blog, and about not being my FB friend! I am close to issuing a command directive in writing to my troops to become my FB friend, I promise! Abuse of power my ARSE!!!
Part 2 to come shortly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment