I really haven't had a substantial post in 4 days. Lets get on that! First, I left the house on Friday for the first time in a week. I wish it was for a more glamorous purpose, but it was to go get an Indiana Driver's License (BOO!!!) I was happy with the service. My first social outing was a movie with the wife on Saturday. We saw "Up In The Air." Interesting movie! And then there was Monday!
My Post Operation Check-Up did not go according to plan. So first they unveiled the scar to me. Its about a 4 inch scar that resides vertically on the back of my leg. The incision is still healing and tape is still attached to it. I have dissovable suchres, so there will be no need to have stitches removed. There was no blood in the wrapping which means there were no complications post surgery. My leg has lost almost all muscle mass it once contained. In comparison to my left leg, the injured limb is about 75% of the size of the right and shrinking. I have pretty skinny legs anyway, and this makes it no better. This could also be the result of the extended exercise my left leg is getting right now.
Next, the nurse comes and tells me that the boot I have been waiting for isn't in yet. BUMMER!!! She then states that they may put me in a cast... NOOOOO! This is problematic for several reasons. I have not take a full shower since the surgery, and I really want to. The removable boot could be taken off, a cast cannot. This means no shower until the boot gets there. Plus, casts get dirty, they are less comfortable, my toes would still be exposed (is cold outside!), etc. So I tried to reason with the doctor into some other remedy. His response... keep the splint (removable) and shower. YES!!! I can get clean!
I am getting increasingly sick of sitting in this house. I am going to be practicing left foot driving so I can escape. I am going to work, NO MATTER WHAT, next week. Sick of being bored. Tired of no human interaction during the day. DONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment