Monday, February 15, 2010

I Got Booted

I have boycotted my blog. I refused to post until I had a real change in my Achilles situation. I mean, you all could read about my random rants about everything (Go Saints!!!), and never actually get any info about my rehab. That's because the next step in the recovery was getting fitted for my walking boot. The boot was supposed to be in last week, however, it has been delayed on several occasions. So on Friday, I finally got it. The boot essentially locks my foot in the downward pointing position (approx 15 degrees). I have unlimited ability to move the foot down more, but the foot cannot pass the 15 degree mark coming up. The are medical terms to describe this as well. Currently my Dorsi-Flexion is fixed at 15 degrees, however my Plantar-Flexion is unlimited. (I am learning cool stuff) I will not be able to walk until the boot is in the neutral position (0 degrees). I promise to add a picture of this moon boot.

In other news, I AM INDEPENDENT. I have endeavored into left footed driving. I go sick of waiting on Nikki to take me places so I got proactive and taught myself how to drive with the other foot. I am pretty good, however if you don't want me to test the abilities of your car's frame like this:



I advise you to stay off the road Mon-Fri at 8:00-9:00 am or 4:00-5:00pm. Just sayin!

I also have a handicap pass. HA! Close parking and sympathy, ALL IN ONE!

One other note. The Winter Olympics just started. Last night I watched pairs figure skating. The current leaders after the short program were Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo from China. The reason I mention this is a few years ago Hongbo tore his Achilles. Here is what he can do now:



Needless to say, I get recovery motivation from everywhere I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment