Tuesday, March 2, 2010

That Damn Shower!

I like my inlaws, I really do. I took Chris Hill to a Cubs game last Fathers day. That weekend we (Nikki, Darlene, Chris and I) happened to go to Giordano's near Midway Airport. When I say near, I mean across the street from Midway. Anyway, as a plane was coming in for a landing, it scared the absolute shit out them both, sorta like this:



Anyway, I posted that video, not as a nastalgic memory of last years comedic experience with a plane, rather to illustrate my reaction to seeing my leg after a fateful shower at drill. "Shit", "Oh Fuck" and "Fuck Me" were phrases that described my reaction.

So, again, I took a shower on Sunday of drill. I have been using a shower seat at home when I showered. I had the ability to keep my incision relatively dry by putting my leg outside of the range of the water while seated. I had no such luxury at drill. So in the enclosed space of a standard military shower, essentially, my incision was directly under me and the shower-head while I showered. My doctors had stated that as long as the incision didn't get soaked (as in submerged), it and I would be fine. I never really trusted that notion, hence my showers at home with the incision outside of the water, but I had no real choice at drill. So after the shower, no problems, well except the fact that my underwear went MIA, but no problems with the incision.

Fast forward, its Wednesday night, I noticed that the tape on my incision was wet. IT HAS NEVER BEEN WET FOR THIS LONG. It generally dries directly after showering. I also noticed, that it looks like there may be a "puss" coming from the tape. I am not sure though. My reaction... OH SHIT!

Next Day... more of the same except for there is a little pain now. My reaction...Oh FUCK!

Friday, after work. This GD thing hurts! It feels like pins and needles back there. WTF!?! So i began the process of removing the tape. I unleash the nastiest looking infected section of month old incision, I have ever seen. Its too late to call my surgeon or his nurse, so I began to clean it with peroxide and apply clean gauze 2x daily, my reaction... FUCK ME!

I am now on an anti-biotic, and have had my recovery timetable pushed back a week. That damn shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment